|Dr. William R. Glaze has been the Pastor of Bethany Baptist Church in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since July 1990.|
|Dr. William R. Glaze has been the Pastor of Bethany Baptist Church in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since July 1990. He previously served as Pastor of Green Spring Baptist Church in Brookneal, Virginia, and Associate Pastor of New Testament Baptist Church in Arvonia, Virginia.|
In Pittsburgh, Pastor Glaze, as he is affectionately known, hosts “Anchored in Jesus,” a daily radio broadcast. He is the Founder and Dean of the Pittsburgh Laymen’s Bible Institute - offering certification in Biblical Counseling and other Bible-based certificates.
Pastor Glaze completed his undergraduate studies at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado in 1978 where he was selected to Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities.
In 1984 he completed graduate studies at Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary in Lynchburg, Virginia, where he was the recipient of The B. R. Lakin Award for Persuasive Preaching and awarded First Place in the Sermon Contest.
In 1987, he earned a Doctor of Sacred Theology Degree from Bethany Theological Seminary, in Dothan, Alabama.
Pastor Glaze joined the Liberty University staff in 1984 as an instructor of Old Testament Survey; and also, Football Coach where he coached under Morgan Hout and Sam Rutigliano. Pastor Glaze served as chaplain for the New York Mets and Boston Red Sox Minor League baseball teams (1984-85). He has also been a chaplain speaker for the Pittsburgh Steelers (2012).
Pastor Glaze is involved in the following organizations:
- Chairperson of the Board of Directors for the Center for Urban Biblical Ministry, where he also teaches Bible and theology classes. The Center for Urban Biblical Ministry is a Bible-centered education ministry to inner-city pastors and Christian workers.
- President of Homewood Brushton Community Ministries - a ministerium of pastors addressing the spiritual and social needs of the Homewood/Brushton community on the East Side of Pittsburgh.
- Advisory Board member for the President’s Council at the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh.
- An active member of the Coalition for Christian Outreach - a ministry to campus students in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia.
- An Advisory Board member for the Center of Healthy Hearts and Souls - an organization focusing on health issues among African Americans in the Pittsburgh urban community.
- Adjunct professor at the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh.
- An active board member of the Women’s Choice Network-an organization providing council and support to women who are in crisis pregnancy situations.
- Member on the planning committee for the National Biblical Counseling Association.
Pastor Glaze is certified as a Biblical Counselor and Instructor by Christian Research and Development. He is also a graduate of Leadership Pittsburgh XIX.
In 2010, he was recognized by the Center for Urban Biblical Ministry as a Urban Hero for his work in the inner city of Pittsburgh and in 2012 he was the recipient of the Circle of Courage Award in Religion. In 2013 he was honored by Scripture Union USA for Bible promotion in the Pittsburgh area.
He is the author of five books - Touched by the Breath of God: Why God Inspired Books are not Lost, Laying a Firm Foundation for the Covenant of Marriage, Discipleship for New Believers: Spiritual Food for Babes in Christ from the Land of Milk and Honey, Rebuilding the Fences of Broken Relationships: A Study in the Book of Philemon, and Fifty Ways to Resist the Devil: Strategies for Dealing with Satanic Attacks in Key Areas of Life.
Dr. William R. Glaze has used his gifts to serve the Lord in preaching, teaching, revivals, seminars, retreats, and conferences throughout the United States and Africa. He and his wife, Angie, married in February 1977 and have four adult children: Nicole, Daniel, Jonathan, Rachel; and eight grandchildren.